The Motor Ombudsman welcomes Fix Auto UK repair centre network to its Service and Repair Code
- Fix Auto UK’s nationwide network of 107 wholly owned and franchise body repair centres are now accredited to The Motor Ombudsman’s Motor Industry Code of Practice for Service and Repair
- The comprehensive and long-established CTSI-approved Code commits businesses to delivering an honest and fair service to motorists, amongst other requirements
- Fix Auto UK customers will have the peace of mind that every location is striving for the very highest standards, and that they will be able to get in touch with The Motor Ombudsman in the rare event that a complaint remains unresolved
The Motor Ombudsman, the Ombudsman dedicated to the automotive sector, is pleased to announce that Fix Auto UK’s nationwide network of body repair centres has gained accreditation to The Motor Ombudsman’s Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI)-approved Motor Industry Code of Practice for Service and Repair.
All of Fix Auto UK’s 107 wholly owned and franchise partners, which stretch from Penzance in the south, to Inverness in the north, have committed to operate in accordance with the recommended standards and guidelines stipulated by the comprehensive Service and Repair Code. Over 7,500 garages, repairers and MOT stations across the UK are signed up the long-established Code of Practice, which is designed to ensure that consumers receive an honest and fair service when work is undertaken on their vehicle. Accredited businesses also commit to the use of clear and accurate advertising, open and transparent pricing, employing qualified staff that act in the customer’s best interests, and having a swift complaints handling process in place should something go wrong.
Accreditation to The Motor Ombudsman’s Service and Repair Code means that Fix Auto UK repair centres will be able to take advantage of, amongst other benefits, the exclusive use of both The Motor Ombudsman and CTSI-approved logos on their premises, websites and customer-facing literature, support and assistance from the Ombudsman’s dispute resolution service, an individual profile on The Motor Ombudsman’s popular online Garage Finder to help drive additional leads, and added exposure through joint marketing initiatives.
Bill Fennell, Chief Ombudsman and Managing Director of The Motor Ombudsman, said: “We are delighted to welcome the Fix Auto UK network to our Motor Industry Code of Practice for Service and Repair. With over 100 new Fix Auto UK repairers gaining accreditation, this once again expands the extensive coverage of our Code offered to consumers across the UK.”
Bill added: “It equally demonstrates to motorists that, regardless of where they are located, they have the reassurance that every Fix Auto UK centre is striving for the very highest standards of work and service, and that they have embraced the recommended operating guidelines set out in our comprehensive and long-established Code. This is a very exciting start to the year, and we are very pleased to be a part of the Fix Auto UK journey.”
Ian Pugh, Managing Director of Fix Auto UK, explained: “We pride ourselves in delivering what we believe is an industry-leading customer journey. Becoming accredited to The Motor Ombudsman’s Service and Repair Code further sets our network apart from the competition by ensuring that every Fix Auto UK repairer across the country is operating in accordance with the best practice guidelines laid down by the Code of Practice.
“Furthermore, in the rare event that we are unable to resolve a dispute directly with a customer, motorists have the peace of mind that there is a completely free automotive industry-specific impartial dispute resolution provider to turn to help conclude a dispute quickly and fairly. We look forward to working closely with The Motor Ombudsman and to enjoying the many benefits that this accreditation brings to our rapidly expanding Fix Auto UK portfolio.”
Please note that the above press image was taken prior to the introduction of the current COVID-19 lockdown restrictions in the UK.
Notes to editors
About The Motor Ombudsman
The Motor Ombudsman is the fully impartial Ombudsman dedicated solely to the automotive sector, and self-regulates the UK’s motor industry through its comprehensive Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI)-approved Codes of Practice. Thousands of businesses, including vehicle manufacturers, warranty product providers, franchised dealers and independent garages, are accredited to one or more of the Codes, which drive even higher standards of work and service, and give consumers added protection, peace of mind and trust during the vehicle purchase and ownership experience.
For more information on The Motor Ombudsman, visit www.TheMotorOmbudsman.org.
About Fix Auto UK
- Fix Auto UK is part of a global franchised network of more than 776 bodyshops.
- Fix Auto UK carries out more than 150,000 body repairs per year for leading motor insurance companies, fleets, and retail customers.
- Fix Auto UK, Lyndale House, Harcourt Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WL. Tel: 0116 3265401.
- Fix Auto UK’s Portfolio of wholly owned repair centres comprises Fix Auto Daventry, Fix Auto Colwyn Bay, Fix Auto Barnsley, Fix Auto Crawley, Fix Auto Paignton, Fix Auto Liverpool South and Fix Auto Castleford. The Network also holds a majority share in Fix Auto Goole.
For more information on Fix Auto UK, visit www.fixauto.co.uk.