1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. New and Used Car Sales
  4. I was mis-sold my car, what can I do?

I was mis-sold my car, what can I do?

If you think that your car has been mis-sold, for example you haven’t been informed about its previous history or it has more miles on the clock than you expected, you should first make a formal complaint to the seller of your vehicle detailing your reasons for why you think the vehicle has been mis-sold and what you would like them to do to put things right for you. If you’re unable to resolve the matter directly with the seller, you can then contact The Motor Ombudsman.

Not found the answer you require?

The Motor Ombudsman is a certified Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider who can assist with disputes that arise between consumers and Code-accredited businesses. If this article has not answered your questions and if you have a complaint about a business please visit our complaints page to find out what to do next.

If you wish to escalate your complaint to a formal complaint please visit our case creation page.

Have an article suggestion?

If you would like to see a question answered on our Knowledge Base, please email us at: media@tmo-uk.org.


Was this article helpful?

Related Articles