- Please read these Prize Draw Terms and Conditions (‘Terms’) carefully, since they apply to the prize draw (the ‘Prize Draw’) that you enter when you submit an entry on Facebook or Twitter in the sponsored 2022 Summer competition (the ‘Competition’). You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time your entry is submitted during the Competition time period (09:00 on Wednesday 20th July 2022 to 12:00 on Friday 26th August 2022). Late, invalid, duplicate or incomplete entries will not be considered, and we accept no responsibility for lost entries.
- The Promoter is The Motor Ombudsman Limited (“The Motor Ombudsman”, “we”), and we reserve the right to extend the Competition time period where it is necessary in certain unavoidable circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control and where not doing so would be unfair to those who attempted to participate within the original Competition time period or would not disadvantage those who did participate. If we choose to extend the Competition time period, notice will be given on www.TheMotorOmbudsman.org (‘the Website’) which is owned and operated by the Promoter.
- The Prize Draw is open to residents of Great Britain, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Limited, or any agents or individual professionally connected with the Prize Draw or the Competition.
- To enter the Prize Draw on The Promoter’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/TheMotorOmbudsman), you must:
“Like” the Promoter’s Facebook page and share the sponsored 2022 Summer Competition post between 09:00 on Wednesday 20th July 2022 to 12:00 on Friday 26th August 2022. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By taking part in the Competition, you agree to the Promoter issuing a public post on their page stating the Competition winner’s name.
- To enter the Prize Draw on Twitter, you must:
- Please enter through a single Twitter account. Entry by multiple re-tweets or by creating multiple accounts is not permitted. We reserve the right to disregard any tweets or re-tweets in these circumstances. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. In using Twitter, you acknowledge that you must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter rules. By taking part in the competition, you agree to the Promoter posting a public tweet stating the Competition winner’s name & Twitter handle.
- One winner (‘Winner) from all eligible entries submitted on The Motor Ombudsman’s Twitter and Facebook pages between 09:00 on Wednesday 20th July, 2022 to 12:00 on Friday 26th August 2022 will be drawn at random on 26th August 2022 to win a prize of up to £250 towards the service or repair of a vehicle between 27th August and 31st December 2022 from any Motor Ombudsman-accredited business listed on the Promoter’s Garage Finder (www.TheMotorOmbudsman.org/garage-finder) (the ‘Prize’). The Prize will be awarded subject to the following:
(a). The Winner must provide a copy of a valid payment receipt and invoice for the service and/or repair (only one total transaction will be accepted) by e-mail. The Winner will be notified of the contact details to send the copy of the receipt and invoice showing proof of purchase.
(b) Within 14 working days of receiving a copy of the valid receipt and invoice, The Promoter will then send a cheque by Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class to the Winner’s chosen address in Great Britain, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man or pay the Prize via a Bacs payment to the account details provided by the Winner.
(c) Where the total amount on the receipt for the service and/or repair from The Motor Ombudsman-accredited business is for more than £250 (inclusive of VAT), The Motor Ombudsman will only pay the Winner a maximum amount of £250 (inclusive of VAT).
(d) Where the receipt from The Motor Ombudsman-accredited business is for less than £250 (including VAT), The Motor Ombudsman will only pay the Winner the total amount (inclusive of VAT) which is stated on the receipt.
- The Winner will be notified by the Promoter on social media only:
– Through Facebook’s or Twitter’s direct messaging system. Please ensure that your privacy settings allow us to message you. If your privacy settings mean we are unable to make contact through Facebook’s or Twitter’s messaging system and/or you do not respond to comments on the posts or you fail to acknowledge the Winner notification within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to another randomly selected entrant who shall then be the alternative Winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a reasonably equivalent alternative Prize, of equal or greater value, should circumstances make this necessary.
- Any decision of the Promoter as to eligibility to take part in the Prize Draw or the result of the Prize Draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, delayed, lost, damaged or unreadable, whether due to failure or non-availability of the website, the submission of incomplete information or any other reason.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this Prize Draw
- Promoter and Data Controller: The Motor Ombudsman Limited, 71 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2BN.
- The Promoter reserves the right to clarify these Terms, in the event of any possible ambiguity or misinterpretation, and in such circumstances, notice will be made on the Website. The Prize Draw and these Terms are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts.
© The Motor Ombudsman Ltd 2022. All rights reserved. V1.0622