The Vehicle Warranty Products Code aims to drive up standards across a wide range of automotive warranty and insurance products, by committing subscribers to higher standards than required by law. The code currently represents about 70% of the industry’s major providers that administer over three million products and is fully approved under the Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) Consumer Codes Approval scheme (CCAS).
The Vehicle Warranty Products Code commits warranty administrators to standards laid out in the Code regarding:
- Point of sale obligations
- Clarity of information
- Complaints handling
What The Code Means To You
- The code provides you reassurance that subscribers will comply with the following promises:
- Advertising products honestly and ensure you are given appropriate advice in selecting a suitable product at the point of sale.
- Give clear pre-contractual information to so that you can make an informed decision on the suitability of a warranty
- Give clear information on what is covered under the warranty
- Provide a cancellation period of at least 14 days
- Ensures that subscribers have in place a simple claims procedure to fairly and promptly process your claim or request for roadside assistance.
What The Code Covers
- Mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI)
- Service contracts (guarantees/extended warranties)
- Roadside assistance
- MOT insurance
- Tyre insurance
- Alloy Insurance
- Key insurance
- Cosmetic Insurance
- Guaranteed asset protection (GAP)
- Vehicle replacement insurance (VRI)
- Return to invoice insurance (RTI)
- Download a copy of the Code of Practice booklet
If you have have you complaint with a Vehicle Warranty Product Provider, you can find more information about how to use our service to resolve your dispute here.
Leave feedback about your warranty provider
You can leave feedback about your warranty product provider by completing our short online survey.
Accredited warranty providers administer in excess of 3 million vehicle warranty products. Motorists can rest assured that each product complies with the code of practice.
The following businesses are accredited to The Motor Industry Code of Practice for Vehicle Warranty Products:
|Allianz Global Assistance||Autoguard Warranties Ltd||AutoProtect Limited||Car Care Plan Limited|
|Global Insurance Management||MotorEasy||Motorway Direct Plc||The Autogroup|
|The WMS Group||Volkswagen Financial Services||Warranty Assist||Warranty Direct|