What are some of the benefits of engaging in mediation?
Some of the principal advantages of taking part in mediation are as follows:
- The process can be a lot quicker to find a resolution to a dispute compared to the time allowed for formal adjudication;
- Mediation provides a safe environment for both parties to discuss any issues and their impacts in a productive way;
- It helps to promote an amicable and long-term relationship between the consumer and the business;
- It may feel less stressful and confrontational for all parties involved;
- There is greater flexibility in terms of the type of resolution and / or settlement that can be proposed; and
- It is an effective and confidential process for all parties.