1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Extended Warranties
  4. What can I do if I have a problem with my extended car warranty?

What can I do if I have a problem with my extended car warranty?

You should always liaise with the business responsible for your issue first – this could be the seller of the warranty or the warranty company.
If your complaint remains unresolved, then you can contact the warranty provider to follow its complaint process.

If you are then unhappy with their response, or you’ve given them a reasonable opportunity to resolve the matter, you can make an enquiry to The Motor Ombudsman who will assess the matter further.



How to submit a dispute to The Motor Ombudsman

The Motor Ombudsman is a certified Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider who can assist with disputes that arise between consumers and Code-accredited businesses.

Before you submit a dispute to us, firstly please ensure you have taken a look at the information about our process on the resolve a dispute page.

If you are ready to submit your dispute, you can find the relevant form to complete on our case creation page.

Submit a dispute


Have an article suggestion?

If you would like to see a question answered on our Knowledge Base, please email us at: media@tmo-uk.org.


Was this article helpful?

Related Articles