1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. New and Used Car Sales
  4. What do I do if I think my new car was mis-sold to me?

What do I do if I think my new car was mis-sold to me?

If you deem your car to have been mis-sold to you (i.e. you didn’t receive what you paid for), then a the business has an obligation to either bring the car up to standard, to replace it,  or provide you with a refund.

If you wish to make a complaint about the fault under your consumer rights, then you have up to six years from the date that you bought the car, to contact the seller to raise the issue.

In order to resolve your issue, you should firstly raise your concern with your seller directly, ideally by submitting a formal complaint to the business in line with their in-house complaints procedure.

If you are unhappy with the final response of the business or more than 8 weeks has passed since raising the complaint with the business then you may escalate the complaint to The Motor Ombudsman for further investigation.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles