Please read these terms and conditions (‘Terms’) carefully. These Terms have been updated and supersede previous versions. You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry as part of The Motor Ombudsman Online Survey Promotion.
1. Each prize promotion will commence at 00:01 on the first day of the Competition Period and close at midnight on the last day of that period. The competition periods are as follows: (a) 1 January to 31 March, (b) 1 April to 30 June, (c). 1 July to 30 September, (d) 1 October to 31 December.
2.1 The Promotion is open to residents of Great Britain, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 or over except employees of The Motor Ombudsman Limited, The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Limited, or any related companies, participating Accredited businesses, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
2.2 Accredited businesses are those vehicle manufacturers/importers, garages and vehicle warranty products administrators which are accredited to one of the Motor Industry Codes of Practice sponsored by The Motor Ombudsman Limited.
3. To enter, you need to:
3.1. purchase from a relevant accredited business: (a) a mechanical service or repair or MOT (bodywork repair is excluded), (b) a vehicle or (c) a vehicle warranty product
3.2. retain proof of purchase; and
3.3. complete and submit an online survey via The Motor Ombudsman website including both the purchase invoice number and details of the accredited business at www.TheMotorOmbudsman.org within 60 days of the purchase invoice date.
3.4. The Promotion covers all Accredited businesses, The Garage Finder tool at TheMotorOmbudsman.org lists all Accredited garages by distance from a searched for town. Businesses accredited to the New Car Code can be found here: https://www.themotorombudsman.org/consumers/our-codes-of-practice/new-car-code
Businesses accredited to the Vehicle Warranty Products Code can be found here: https://www.themotorombudsman.org/consumers/our-codes-of-practice/vehicle-warranty-products-code
4. There is a limit of 1 entry per purchase. Entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted. You will be entered into the draw for the Competition Period in which you complete and submit your survey.
5. At the end of each Competition Period, one person (Winner) will be selected at random under the supervision of an independent observer from all eligible entries received by the Promoter during the competition period
6. Within each Competition Period, the Winner will win £500 of Lifestyle vouchers http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/forbusiness/lifestyle. If requested, the Winner may instead claim back the full cost incurred by them in their purchase of a mechanical service or repair or MOT (including parts but excluding any costs associated with bodywork), purchase of a vehicle or Warranty Product as evidenced by the proof of purchase and confirmed by the relevant Accredited business, up to a maximum of £500 which will be paid by cheque (the “Prize”). Each person/household/company is entitled to only one Prize per Competition Period.
7. Winners will additionally be notified by email or telephone using the contact details provided on the entry form. Winners must acknowledge this notification within 14 days in order to claim their Prize. If they do not do so then the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to an alternative winner. The Winner must provide the Promoter with an eligible proof of purchase. The Prize will be sent by post following receipt and validation of the proof of purchase.
8. Any decision of the Promoter as to eligibility to take part in the Promotion or the result of the Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, delayed, lost, damaged or unreadable, whether due to failure or non-availability of the website, the submission of incomplete information or any other reason.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Promotion in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
10. Any Winner may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Promotion, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
11. To receive the name of the most recent Winner, send a request and a stamped self-addressed envelope to: The Motor Ombudsman Survey Promotion, The Motor Ombudsman Limited, 71 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2BN.
12. By entering the Promotion, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to the Data Controller and to the independent observer, for the purposes of (a) the administration of this Promotion; (b advertising, promotion and/or publicity in connection with the Promotion and (c) for general marketing purposes by the Data Controller who may wish to contact you with marketing information about relevant products or services. You may contact The Motor Ombudsman Limited at the address below if at any time, you do not wish your personal data to be used for any of the purposes set out here, however, in respect of purpose (a) this may limit your participation in the Promotion.
13. Promoter and Data Controller: The Motor Ombudsman Limited, 71 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2BN.
14. The Promotion and these Terms are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts.