As the days get shorter, and with the end-of-year season traditionally bringing tougher conditions on the road, making sure that your vehicle is fully roadworthy, whether for the daily commute or for the holiday getaway, is essential to staying safe.
We have therefore introduced a handy “ticklist” to guide you through the key questions and considerations when taking your car into a garage for a winter check, and to help you prepare for the colder weather.
- Is the garage accredited to The Motor Ombudsman’s Service and Repair Code of Practice?
- Do you need winter tyres and how much do they cost?
- Do you have an ice-scraper and de-icer in the car?
- Is your MOT, insurance and tax up to date?
- Do you have a shovel at home in case of thick snow?
You can download and print a copy of The Motor Ombudsman’s winter ticklist here and please do pass it on friends, family and colleagues! Alternatively, click on the image below, which will open the ticklist in a new window.
We’ve also created an editable version of the ticklist for our accredited businesses.
If you’d like a copy that you can tailor with your company logo and contact details to send to your customers with your latest winter offers, please drop us an e-mail at email@example.com.