The consumer’s issue:
“When I play music on the car’s media system, by streaming it from my phone via Bluetooth, the music skips every few seconds. I would therefore like the manufacturer to repair the issue please because I deem it to be a manufacturing fault.”
The accredited business’ response:
- The media system was not advertised as being able to stream music or handle phone calls via Bluetooth.
- There will be an unstable connection because the media system is not designed for streaming music in this way.
- We have provided software updates to improve the quality of music streamed via Bluetooth, despite this issue not being an advertised function of the device.
- We recommend that the customer connects their phone to the media system via a wire in order to resolve the issue.
The adjudication outcome:
- The adjudicator found that the media system is working as intended because the media system was not designed to play music that is streamed via Bluetooth.
- Therefore, the adjudicator did not find the manufacturer liable for repairing the issue.
- Finally, the adjudicator also recommended that the customer connects their phone to the media system via a USB cable, in order to resolve the issue.
- The customer and accredited business accepted the outcome as recommended by The Motor Ombudsman adjudicator and the case was closed.