The Motor Ombudsman continues to support consumers and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. New and Used Car Sales
  4. I have exhausted the complaint process, what can I do next?

I have exhausted the complaint process, what can I do next?

If you haven’t found a resolution to your complaint with the business, get in touch with The Motor Ombudsman who will assess if they’re able to help you further.

However, if your complaint relates solely to the finance product sold to you, it would be best to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.



How to submit a dispute to The Motor Ombudsman

The Motor Ombudsman is a certified Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider who can assist with disputes that arise between consumers and Code-accredited businesses.

Before you submit a dispute to us, firstly please ensure you have taken a look at the information about our process on the resolve a dispute page.

If you are ready to submit your dispute, you can find the relevant form to complete on our case creation page.

Submit a dispute


Have an article suggestion?

If you would like to see a question answered on our Knowledge Base, please email us at:


Was this article helpful?

Related Articles